Sadly we had to change our plans for this expedition at the last minute, as forecasts highlighted too much coastal ice to reach the Sund.
We are currently heading west along the north Icelandic coast to Isafjordur to top up water and other final stores before making passage across the Denmark Straight to Angmassalik in Greenland; the only other settlement on the 1500 mile long east coast. We should reach Greenland early next week.
From Angmassalik we will head north up the east Greenland coast and will put ashore if we find a safe spot for some walking. The heavy ice conditions mean we are reluctant to plan much more than that! We hope to stay in Greenland for about a week, returning to Isafjordur around the 26th of July.